Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Matthew 9 I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints

Read Matthew 9


Taking that line from a Billy Joel song seems appropriate here. Jesus was indeed lounging and probably laughing with the sinners. Matthew and his fellow tax collectors were in essence sanctioned thieves for Rome. But now they're being exposed to Jesus and we see the profound change in Matthew. I don't know too many saints, the self righteous and holier than thou type. I do know a lot of sinners that struggle daily and lean on Christ. Those are the people that I'd rather be with. People like me, who know they're cracked and damaged and also know that they're unconditionally loved. That's grounds for laughter.


Today's workout.  Full body squat, bicep curl, row, alternate lunge, push up, Y triceps press, hamstring curl.
8 movements 40 intervals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment