Friday, July 1, 2016

July 1, I Kings 2:26-46

July 1, I Kings 2:26-46

King Solomon is dispensing high justice, or at least that's what one may call it.  He's killing people that committed crimes against David and the nation while David was king.  For the crimes committed I believe the penalty was right but I do have an issue with killing Joab at the altar.  Although the text doesn't say he was at the altar when struck down I get that impression. There is also a question of real repentance, we saw Adonijah run to the altar too, was he truly seeking refuge in God and maybe Joab is only going through the motions?  Only God knows the truth.  Benaiah was following instructions of Solomon but even if we are commanded to do something wrong we are not innocent. 

Today's workout, 5 sets 8-12 reps.
Pull down, row, total gym breast stroke, dumb bell bicep curl.

No comments:

Post a Comment