Thursday, July 21, 2016

July 21 Feeling a bit confused

July 21 Feeling a bit confused


My daily blog is posted on two different hosting sites, Sparkpeople and Blogger. I started on Sparkpeople but they censored me a few times because my views were “intolerant” so I started the second blog here. Been doing this nearly every day for over three years. I don't know if God prompted the whole thing or if it was just an idea. Personally I like reading the scriptures, and in the past several years realized that most of the Christians I know haven't read the bible. And many who have read it just do it as an exercise to get it all read in a year. I question the retention in that practice. So I started the blog, not as an in depth study, just a means of encouraging people to read something daily and then some thoughts. Maybe something a little different than what was expected. I have no idea how many people read it, I don't think there are a lot, I know at least a dozen on each blog host and I know that it's read daily in New Zealand which I think is real cool. I post a link to the blog on some Facebook group pages, again encouraging people to at least open the book. I know that some people see the Facebook post but don't even know that it's a link to a page with some commentary. One person told me they thought it was just a daily workout. In any case I was asked to not post on one group page any more, apparently encouraging people to read the bible and spend time with God is a distraction. I am a little surprised and disappointed but I'll be obedient and not post there again. So if you've been following along from that group the links will no longer be there, just bookmark this page and you can still read the daily posts. I try to have them up by 6:00 am even when I'm traveling but sometimes things don't always work out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment