Saturday, July 9, 2016

July 9, I Kings 6:8-38

July 9, I Kings 6:8-38

It took a little over 7 years to build the temple, the description lists all sorts of ornate designs and expensive materials.  Details that while interesting aren't what I want to focus on.  It comes in verses 11-13; “ Now the word of the Lord came to Solomon, 12 “Concerning this house that you are building, if you will walk in my statutes and obey my rules and keep all my commandments and walk in them, then I will establish my word with you, which I spoke to David your father. 13 And I will dwell among the children of Israel and will not forsake my people Israel.”    Here is an if-then statement made by God to a specific person and people, a promise to Solomon and Israel.  We can't take all of the old testament promises and just reapply them to the church.  But what exactly does it mean to walk in God's rules, and keep all of His commandments?  As far as I know there's only ever been 1 person to do that. God doesn't expect anyone to do that, the whole focus is on the first two commandments, love God with your whole being and love your neighbor.  Micah tells us more precisely what God wants, To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. 

Today's workout, no – equip cardio 30 intervals and 1 mile jog 
Squat, climber, windmill, side lunge, jacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment