Saturday, October 29, 2016

October 29, Stop for a moment today and just take a deep breath

Although it's Saturday I am still up early and going to work at 6 as usual.  For a while I've been working a lot of Saturdays but today there's a bit more anxiety as we're moving the company next week and the machines will be disconnected from Monday through Wednesday.  So there are some last minute items that we'd like to have done before the disconnect. This morning I'm leaving work for a short time to meet with a friend and place some bee hives on a local strawberry farm, I'm now an amateur bee keeper since October 2nd. After work today I have some yard work to do and an eye exam. It's a lot to cram into a day but it seems that most days are like that, at least for me. I tend to cram in as much as possible. I do try, although not always successful, to stop and just breath in life. This world is so amazing, no matter what scientists may think there is no way I will ever believe that life simply just happened. This morning I closed up my hive to transport and at least one bee wasn't at home when I shut up the hive. As I carried the box to my truck she stung me on the back of my right hand. I've disrupted their lives today. In a few hours they'll get accustomed to the new surroundings and the blossoms in the field, I'm fairly certain that in a few days they'll be quite content in the new home. The odds are that at some time today my plan will be disrupted and I'll probably get irritated just like the hive. Might even be tempted to sting someone. But the odds are also pretty good that by the time I'm ready for bed tonight I'll be content with the day. With all of the objectives and things to do my primary objective today is to find at least one moment when I can stop and just breath in life, to consider the miracle of simply existing, and to realize how little everything else really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment