Monday, November 14, 2016

November 14, Luke 5:33-39 Is it a fast or a hunger strike?

I've never been one for fasts, the only times I've known people engaging in fasts they seem like attempts to manipulate God, more like a hunger strike. I know what people say about fasts, the idea that one denies the flesh to strengthen the spirit. There were a few times I've tried to fast, again it seemed more like a hunger strike but still I did try. After just a couple of days I feel like my mental capacity is compromised so for these reasons I don't fast. I also see in the scripture that a fast should be a private thing, if John's and the Pharisee's disciples are known to fast then it's not private and maybe it's for personal glory. And again we see how the people are looking on rituals and judging spirituality on what rituals and how often they're done.

Today's workout. Back intervals, 
Step, pull-up, burpee, row, windmill, T

No comments:

Post a Comment