Friday, November 18, 2016

November 18, Luke 6:27-45 Love and don't judge?

We look today at a verse that's widely misused by both Christians and pagans, judge not. But let's look at the whole of today's text.  The preceding portion says to love your enemies, in reality it says to simply love people. The last part speaks of knowing what fruit comes from what tree. So if I can determine what fruit comes then I am making some sort of judgment. The problem lies in the translation and interpretation of an ancient text. It's not judging as in did the ball land in or out of bounds, the text implies passing judgment, condemning someone for their actions. If I practice the first part and love my neighbor, I should use some judgment, and should I see him mowing his lawn barefooted I should tell him that's not a good idea. It's still his choice. Sin is still each person's choice, I don't pass condemnation on anyone but to love my neighbor I should tell him what he is doing is contrary to The Word and dangerous. At the same time, I hope that my friends would tell me too.

Today's workout, cardio intervals.
Step up, grapevine, windmill, box hop, squat, jump rope

No comments:

Post a Comment