Wednesday, December 14, 2016

December 14, Luke 14 Excuses are all dumb.

We'll read the whole chapter today but my focus is on the middle part, verses 12-24. Jesus healed in the temple on so many Sabbaths that we're already aware of what that caused, and the last section, although I probably could write on that but the bottom line is what does it cost to be Jesus' disciple? Everything.  So now on to today's thoughts. Someone asked me once what word I hated the most, it's really a phrase of three words. I can't because. When I hear that I'm about to hear some lame excuse and yes all excuses are lame. I've been into fitness now for 20 years and in that time I've coached a lot of people, heard all of the excuses for why they won't exercise. These two are my favorites though. My body hurt all over after the last session so I can't do this any more. (They only came for two sessions). And the best is the T shirt I saw someone wear. "I'm allergic to exercise, I tried it and it made my heart race, I couldn't catch my breath and I got all flushed." That's funny and lame. This story has humor in it although we may not get it today. No-one would do the things described in this way, bought land and didn't see it first, bought a yoke of oxen and haven't test driven them. This is hyperbola and designed to be absurd. God tells us in so many places to simply say yes or no, we don't need excuses and they're all lame. If you can't or don't want to then simply say no.


Today's workout, chest-triceps-shoulders
Step, push-up, box hop, triceps extension, climber, shoulder press.

No comments:

Post a Comment