Friday, December 23, 2016

December 23, Luke 18:18-30 What's in this for me?

I skipped ahead a bit because the other sections seem very familiar. But here we have an example two types of  people. A self righteous religious man who has accumulated a certain wealth. He trusts in himself and would seem the motive for the question is to brag. Jesus's response wasn't as expected. You're not that good and your wealth isn't worth much. This desire to have stuff and to put trust in the stuff is a definite flaw in the human psyche. It probably stems from the rebellious nature and our desire to be our own god. So after this discourse Peter asks a question, was he being doubtful of his salvation? Was he having second thoughts about all that he gave up? I believe there is a time in any believer's life when we doubt our choices, what have I given up and what will I receive? And Peter takes those doubts to the right place, he asks Jesus. And I note that Peter wasn't chastened for his doubt but simply given a promise that everyone who sacrifices for Christ will receive greater in heaven. It's OK to ask God, what's in this for me? The answer was and is the same, our purpose here is to point to Him and our promise is eternity with Him.

Today's workout, full body intervals.
squat, row, hamstring curl, push-up, lunge, biceps curl, T, triceps extension

No comments:

Post a Comment