Saturday, December 24, 2016

December 24, Luke 18:35-43 What do you want God to do for you?

This is the question Jesus asked the blind man, and he had an answer. Do you know what you want God to do? Sometimes we may think we do, we see a perceived need, some situation that needs to be fixed and focus on that but maybe that's not what we really need. This blind man wanted more than anything to see, and to see God. Do you know what you want God to do? There is a danger in this thought, we may think of God as a genie granting wishes but He told us to go to Him with our needs. What is it that you need today? 

As I sit here and write this there are several things going through my mind. The past few years have been difficult for us in so many ways, personally I've suffered so many losses. I think for me the biggest thing I've lost is trust, I have become so cynical of late. I recently told someone I know that I've come to expect nothing from everyone so that when someone actually does what they say I can be pleasantly surprised. Of course counter to that is I too have made commitments that I couldn't keep. Broken promises, made by me or someone else, bother me more than anything. The fact is that this morning I really don't know what I want God to do.

Sorry that today's post is a sad blog, just felt like I needed to put this down. Maybe someone else feels similar and they too need to hear this. I will leave you with the one verse that has kept me going through the years of struggle. It's found in John's gospel, chapter 6 verse 68. Many of Jesus' disciples had left Him and He asked of the twelve, will you leave me too? Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." Make this your anchor, only Jesus has the words of eternal life, in spite of all of life's struggles through Him alone there is a promise of eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment