Saturday, February 11, 2017

February 11, Nehemiah 11 Names.

I read the chapter several times and I must say that nothing specific came to me. Some people lived in the city of Jerusalem and some lived in neighboring villages. There are a lot of names here that while they have meaning to God and to their families I just don't have a connection. In verse 17 Mattaniah is singled out as leader of praise, perhaps there was something special in how he did things that warranted notice. To be honest I'd like to be noted sometimes for doing something special, and I know that's a pride thing. When I read chapters like this which have a lot of what seem to be insignificant names I am reminded that there are no insignificant names to God. His people are all significant to Him and He remembers all of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment