Saturday, February 25, 2017

February 25, II Peter 1:1-15 Piety, Study, Action

Peter lists several qualities that both should be evident in a believer's life and that will help them to remain strong in their beliefs. I sum them up in these three, Piety, Study and Action.  They're the foundation legs taught in the different three day movements such as Cursillo, Walk to Emmaus, Via De Cristo and other names. It is in essence what Peter is saying here, we need piety, a time daily with God. We need to study His Word, I've been teaching the bible for nearly 30 years and I constantly find things that I haven't seen before. That's because The Word is alive and is revealed when we need it or are ready to understand. And finally action, we're not saved through works but our salvation should lead us to works. The key difference between Christians and Pagans is love for our fellow man. Love is an action, to love someone requires more than just words. As I am on the subject of three day movements, if you've never attended one I encourage you to go, it has the potential to change the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment