Thursday, February 9, 2017

February 9, Nehemiah 9, A prayer of confession

This whole chapter deals with Israel remembering their past, confessing their sins and a renewal of the covenant with God. A few key points to look at. They gathered together in prayer and study for half a day. The text doesn't indicate if it were a 12 hour half or a 6 hour half, I'm inclined to believe it's the 6 hour half, or half of the daylight time. I've heard stories of real revival where the Holy Spirit moves and the people remain in worship for days. I've never seen that, would really love to. I can't imagine many of the Christians that I know who wold be willing to spend more than 4 hours in church.
Remembering the heritage though is important, the Hebrews had a long history to remember, Christians not so much. But we can all confess the failures and sins and should covenant with God to do better.

Today's workout, 1 mile run.

No comments:

Post a Comment