Tuesday, April 11, 2017

April 11, Isaiah 33. God, have mercy on me, a sinner

This chapter is a bit confusing until one realizes the prophet is speaking to several people. The first verse is to the enemy attacking Israel. This is a force that is ruthlessly conquering but some day it too will be conquered. Then we move on to the people asking God to deliver them. They ask God to be their mighty arm in defense, strange that when things were going well it wasn't so important to have God's arm. And in the remainder God says that He will come and clean up the mess, but it's not necessarily good for everybody. God brings justice, I don't think I really want justice because I'm guilty. I want mercy. So my prayer goes back to verse 2, Oh Lord be gracious to us, to me.

Today's workout, cardio intervals
Squat, windmill, step up, climber, jump rope, Russian twist

No comments:

Post a Comment