Saturday, April 22, 2017

April 22, Isaiah 39. I don't care as long as it doesn't effect me

Have you ever had that attitude? Maybe you have that attitude today. Hezekiah did something very foolish, he bragged on his achievements and showed all of his strength to an enemy. Unfortunately there are some principles in life to always remember, every agent from a foreign nation is a spy, no-man is self made but reached their position because of God, if more than one person knows something then it's not a secret. Hezekiah blew all of these. But the attitude at the end is disturbing, at least there will be peace in my life. That attitude describes so much of our society, I don't care what happens when I'm gone, or I don't care as long as it doesn't effect me. The problem though is the butterfly effect, small changes in society will effect everyone, the current attitude towards recreational drug use is very disturbing. Aren't there enough deaths caused by alcohol each year to warn us that this is a bad idea? We haven't learned form history and we haven't paid attention to The Word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment