Wednesday, May 3, 2017

May 3, Isaiah 50 Give a word to those who are weary

It's verse 4, The Lord God has given me the tongue of those who are taught, that I may know how to sustain with a word
him who is weary.  That doesn't mean to quote some pious scripture to someone who's hurting, in most cases that just makes things worse. And I don't think it's just a word but sometimes an act of kindness. I remember a few years ago I was flying home from a construction job, it was late and the flight attendant was obviously frustrated. No doubt a long day but I think something else was happening. I happened to have a snickers bar in my laptop case, as she came by for the seatbelt check, I told her I could see something was wrong. I said I can't do much but have this and I hope things get better. Immediately I saw her attitude change, just knowing that someone really cares makes a difference. Go give an encouraging word to someone today.

Today's workout, pull intervals
Step, pull up, windmill, hamstring curl,  step over, T, climber, biceps curl

No comments:

Post a Comment