Friday, June 2, 2017

June 2, James 3 Taming the wildest beast

I've not yet met a perfect man who has total control of all his actions. Even those who seem to have things together will occasionally slip. When I think back to all of the really dumb or bad stuff I've done I find that more often it's because of something I said. My son argues that words in themselves have no specific meaning, they're just sounds and we associate meanings to the sounds. I disagree. I think that words do have meaning, some have power and some are simply evil. I think the most dangerous part of words is that once said they can never be unsaid. Far too many relationships have been destroyed by something that was said. And what's most frightening is that the mouth will only speak what's in the heart. I've heard myself saying some pretty foul things, scary to think that's in my heart.   

Today's workout. Push intervals
Step, push-up, windmill, squat, climber, triceps, lunge, shoulder press.

No comments:

Post a Comment