Wednesday, June 7, 2017

June 7, I Thessalonians 3, Even Paul had doubts

Paul couldn't himself go to Thessalonica so he sent Timothy but do you see why?  He was afraid that when they were troubled by the world that they would fall away. I think that some of the worse teachings are that we should believe and have no doubts at all. That it's the doubts which show a weak faith and the reason our prayers are not answered. Bull! We all have doubts about nearly everything. There is no exact formula to why some prayers are answered and others not. I recently had a conversation with a friend about the simple fact that in many cases what we believe to be answers to prayers are just the simple actions and reactions of people. If I lose something then pray for it's return was it God who brought it back or simply a nice person who found it? Somewhere we balance the sovereignty of God with the autonomy He gave us. But it's still OK to have doubt, and even more OK to tell God about your doubts. Sort of like I believe, but help my unbelief.  

Today's workout  Push intervals
Step, push-up, windmill, squat, climber, triceps, lunge, shoulder press.

No comments:

Post a Comment