Thursday, July 13, 2017

July 13 Luke 14 Man will never stop bullying

I was always the geeky nerd growing up, wasn't interested much in sports, plated my trumpet and played with radios. Later my dad taught me how to fix cars. But I never hung out with the "in" crowd. As I type this I see things still haven't changed. I do remember being invited to a party by a very popular pretty girl in 10th grade. But I knew something was suspicious and it was a set up to be made a fool of, I had enough sense to not go. That's exactly what's happening here. I wish I had today's knowledge back then and could have turned it around. Jesus was invited to a Pharisee's house for Sabbath dinner, the purpose is not for a social time but a trap has been set. Of course Jesus sees the trap and throughly disarms it. The key though is that the Pharisees had a personal agenda, as long as people have personal agendas there will be evil, and plotting, and bullies. Simply passing laws will not change man, we've been trying that for ages but we still do the things that the laws forbid. Changes will only come when we allow the Holy Spirit to make them.

Today's workout, any cardio 30:00

No comments:

Post a Comment