Monday, August 21, 2017

August 21, Genesis 18:22-33 Sodom and Gomorrah

So many people today want to compare current events with Sodom and Gomorrah, I try not to go so far. We'll look a little more in the coming days at things that were happening in those cities but today the focus is on Abraham trying to intercede for the people. I wonder if this is just because his nephew Lot lived there or if Abraham felt genuine compassion for the people. I'd like to believe the latter. How bold to actually confront God and argue down to 10 people. I don't know that I'd want to do that. There have been doubts over the years about the accuracy of this story. In the 1920's archaeologists found the potential location, further excavations in the 60's revealed about one half million dead. So imagine that if this actually is the biblical Sodom and Gomorrah, God could not find ten righteous people in a half million. So no I don't think that we've descended to that level yet. I actually don't think we ever will, at least not until Christ returns and takes His church home.  

Today's workout Full body intervals 
Squat, row, push up, lunge, biceps curl, triceps extension, hamstring curl,  T 

No comments:

Post a Comment