Tuesday, August 22, 2017

August 22, Genesis 19:1-11 Lot's visitors

There are a few items in this story that I find very disturbing. First is that the entire town wanted to sodomize these two men that came to Lot. I'd like to say that I can't imagine this but considering what I've seen on the news in the last few months I actually can. It's people descending to the ultimate depths of selfish sensual depravity with no thoughts of any consequences. But what I find even more disturbing than this is Lot's willingness to give the men his daughters to sexually abuse instead of these men. I understand that cultures were a bit different then and women were treated more as cattle but I can't understand how a father could volunteer to give a mob his own daughter. Yet today the same things are done for drugs and sex all over the world. No matter how much we may learn, some lessons just don't sink in.

Today's workout, any cardio 30 min

No comments:

Post a Comment