Monday, September 11, 2017

September 11 A little light in the darkness

I'll guess that this observation has been made more than once but I'll do it again anyway. We weathered the hurricane last night with no power, lost that around 7pm Sunday. I fell asleep in the living room in a recliner. Slept fairly well most of the night, I can sleep through most anything. I woke up this morning around 5. Because all of the windows are boarded up the house is exceptionally dark. As I laid in the chair I noted a single light, it was coming from the charging block my son had on his phone. A dim blue (at least I think it was blue), led. As I looked around the room I could see details, see just about everything in the room from that little light. It's pretty amazing what just a little light can do in a dark place. I'm sure there's a spiritual lessen in there. We suffered no significant damage, one of my antennas broke off but that's a simple fix. Running a generator for an hour or so just to keep the fridge cold. Hoping for a quick power restoration. 

Today's workout, full body intervals
Row, squat, biceps curl, push up, windmill, lunge, T, bench dip

No comments:

Post a Comment